The Scottish Canoe Association is the National Governing Body for Canoeing in Scotland. We are a membership organisation comprising around 3200 individual members including 1,750 qualified coaches.
We have a network of affiliated clubs and approved paddlesport providers throughout Scotland offering a range of canoe disciplines.
The active SCA membership is supported by a small team of staff in the areas of: Coaching & Devleopment, Performance and Administration. The SCA is also a founding member of British Canoeing (formally known as British Canoe Union).
What we do:
- Represent our members’ interests within Scotland and, through British Canoeing, in the UK
- Support individual and affiliated club development
- Work to protect, improve and promote responsible access to water in Scotland and care of the environment
- Support the achievements of Scottish paddlers at all levels including the sportscotland funded programmes for Olympic disciplines
- Support and improve quality coaching for all forms of canoeing and kayaking
- Provide conferences, exhibitions, events, tours and competitions
- Publish information for members, on our website, in “Scottish Paddler” and in books such as Scottish White Water and the Scottish Touring Guide.
If you would like to know more, please visit our contact page to get in touch.