sportscotland operates a Coach Scholarship programme to support candidates achieving UKCC endorsed coaching awards. This includes the British Canoeing Coach Awards. This programme is made possible through investment by sportscotland.
How to apply:
- Paddlesport Instructor (Level 1 in terms of sportscotland scholarship) - 40% with a maximum scholarship value of £75 - Apply to sportscotland Applications must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of your course.
- Coach Award ((Level 2 in terms of sportscotland scholarship) - 60% with a maximum scholarship value of £350 (total cost includes the cost of Core, Disicpline Specific and assessment) - Apply to sportscotland Applications must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of your course..
- Performance Coach ((Level 3 in terms of sportscotland scholarship) - 20%, 40% or 60% depending on criteria (no maximum) - Download the application form from sportscotland then send to email@example.com for supporting statement. (total cost includes the cost of core, intermediate modules, discipline specific training and assessment) Applications must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of your course.
All applications for funding for courses must be made to sportscotland and not to the SCA using the sportscotland online portal. If you are applying for Level 2 or Level 3, please include an estimate of the cost of your disicpline specific and assessment courses where possible.
Note - Coach Award scholarships are only available once - i.e. it is not possible to apply for a scholarship for a second or discipline if you have already have a scholarship at this level.
What happens next?
sportscotland will review your application and if successful will send you a confirmation letter by email. Note that for all canoeing courses the candidate must pay the course organiser in full and then submit a claim after the course (see below). The letter from sportscotland cannot be used as part payment towards the course. Shortly after receiving the letter from sportscotland you will receive a confirmation email from SCA outlining the claim process.
How to Claim:
Claims may be submitted after each stage of the qualification.
- Paddlesport Instructor - submit a claim after completion of the Paddlesport Instructor course. The amount you are paid will be the amount shown in your offer letter.
- Coach Award - submit a claim after the training and then again after assessment. We will calculate how much you are owed (up to the maximums above).
- Performance Coach - submit a claim after core training, disicipline specific training and then again after assessment. We will calculate how much you are owed at each stage, subject to the maximum percentage in your offer letter.
Once you have completed your qualification and are ready to claim, please visit Self Service and complete the claim process in the Registrations and Forms section. You will be asked to enter the details of your course and upload receipts. Please ensure you also complete your coaching profile and paddling profile.
Alternatively, if you wish to submit a claim form by post, please download the form below.