The 2016 Scottish Surf Kayak Championships will take place in the Thurso area. Break used will dependant on conditions.
- Men's Long Boat
- Men's Short Boat
- Master's Long Boat
- Master's Short Boat
- Women's Long Boat
- Women's Short Boat
- Women's Master Long Boat
- Women's Master Short Boat
- Junior Long Boat
- Junior Short Boat
- Open Wave Ski
Entry fee is £15 for non-members / £0 for SCA or home nation member plus £15 per category (£10 for Novice and Junior categories).
Rules of Entry
• The categories are open to all UK boaters, but it should be noted that you must qualify as Scottish to get a placing at these Championships. That is, you may place first in a Category and get a winners medal, but it will be the first Scot who will be crowned Champion.
• Entries will be limited to two Categories per person, with the exception of Wave Ski. To encourage the growth of Wave Ski we will allow this to be an additional category
• Can I please remind everyone that if you have previously won a Novice event, you are no longer able to enter this category.
• The categories, event rules and judging will be done in accordance with those of the WSKA (World Surf Kayaking Association). Please follow this link for more information http://www.wska.org/rules-2015/
• The event venue may move on the day to take advantage of the best conditions. The organisers will do their best do manage venues to successfully run Championship level surfing and also safe novice surfing. If this proves to be a challenge then a location for a successful Championships will take priority.
• As always the organisers will have final say with regard to safety.