The Guide Endorsement is for British Canoeing Leaders who are involved in guiding activity, particularly those working within Adventure Tourism and Commercial Markets. This endorsement is aimed at supporting and recognising the additional skills required when fulfilling a guiding role.
The ethos of the scheme is to support, share and recognise the leaders guiding development. The cadre of Guides and aspirant Guides will be a supportive network of leaders, sharing best practice and like-minded ideas, in order to aid their learning and support paddlers on their journeys.
The main purpose is that it is a healthy and supportive learning experience for all involved, whether it is the mentor, aspirant Guide or more importantly, the clients.
The benefits of becoming a British Canoeing Guide:
- Promotion through a specific page on the British Canoeing and SCA website;
- Use of the British Canoeing Guide logo;
- Formal recognition;
- Access to additional guide training and sharing run by fellow experts in the field of guiding;
- A forum for endorsed guides to share good practice, guiding issues, trends and CPD opportunities;
- Increase in employment potential both in the UK and Internationally.
To find out more about the Guide Endorsement Process, click here.