This weekend we have a whole range of paddling activities going on.
Its the first few days of National Go Canoeing week which you can all get involved with. Here is what is going on in the first few days. Click the logo for more information.
- Portobello Sailing and Kayak Club has a Start Session on Saturday
- Otter Adventures has guided tours around Loch Sunart running every day
- Port Edgar Watersports has an Introduction to Sea Kayaking starting on Saturday
- Source 2 Sea Canoe Adventures has guided tours around Loch Shie running every day
- Aboyne Canoe Club has two river trips on Saturday and Giant Duck Herding
There are also number of competitions running this weekend which you can watch and enjoy.
Friday through to Sunday you can watch the Senior GB team at the ICF Canoe Sprint World Cup 2 in Deduisburg, Germany. Watch out for our own Scottish athletes, Lewis Fletcher in the MK1 200m and MK4 500m, Deborah Kerr competing in the WK2 500m and WK4 500m and Ieuan James in the MK4 500m. And you can keep up to date and watch all the action here.
For something a little more local, if you are in the Edinburgh area and want to watch some Sprint racing there is also the Linlithgow Loch Regatta on Saturday which you can go down and watch from 10am onwards. Race information can be viewed here.
There is a weekend of Slalom at Fairnilee with the Fairnilee 2-3 competition. With competitors coming from all over the UK to earn ranking points, you can catch the action throughout Saturday and the Sunday.
If you are in the Borders and want to watch some people catching the waves then there is Surf Kayak action at Belhaven Bay on Saturday and Sunday at the Boarder Challenge.