We are running a series of free Level 2 Refresher Days through the Summer/Autumn to help aspiring Level 2 coaches with their on-going development.
These days are designed to support coaches who are working towards their Level 2 Assessment; with the Tutors aiming to tailor the day to best suit the needs of the coaches in attendance.
Topics that might be covered include, for example:
- Recap on specific syllabus areas
- Help and advice on next steps
- Check/support you with completion of your Portfolio
- Provide advice on standards expected at assessment
- Provide an opportunity for peer coaching and feedback
- Help you solve any challenges preventing you from progressing
- The events are a great opportunity to refocus your plans for assessment and we hope they give you the confidence to continue. You will also have the opportunity to socialise with other aspirant Level 2 Coaches, sharing and supporting each other.
Attendance at this day will extend the validity of your Level 2 Training. Your training will be considered valid for 12 months from the date of attendance at the Refresher Day. This applies to all coaches in attendance, including those whose training may already have expired.
Attendance at the event will be recognised as valid CPD evidence for the purposes of Coach Update.
The refresher days are free to SCA Members. They are non-residential (lunch is not included). Please bring your own paddling equipment to participate in practical activities.
Sat. 10th June Lochore Meadows Tom Sibbald
Sun. 18th June Adventure Aberdeen Mags Duncan
Mon. 3rd July Central Kinlochard George Fell
Fri. 11th August Highland Glenmore Lodge Dave Rossetter
Fri. 18th August Tayside Aberfeldy Steve Macdonald
Sat. 26th August Highland Inverness Mags Duncan
Tues. 12th September Grampian Knockburn Loch Dave Rossetter
Wed. 18th October Highland Fort William Claire Knifton
Two further dates will be added to the calendar shortly;
Date TBC Lothains Musselburgh
Date TBC West/SW Pinkston or Castle Semple
How to book
Finance for assessment
In addition, we may have financial assistance towards Level 2 assessment, if you previously applied for or were allocated a scholarship. Please contact Andy Murray email@example.com directly to check your own situation.
How to Access Level 2 Assessment
If you you feel you don't need to attend a refresher day, and are ready to proceed to assessment, there are several ways you can access an assessment.
Option 1: Find a course and book on directly with the course provider. Course dates are listed on the SCA website.
Option 2: Arrange a 1:1 assessment with a Level 2 Assessment Director. SCA Licences a network of individuals to carry out assessments. Anyone is welcome to contact them and arrange. They will give you a quote before you commit and prices may vary depending on location.
Option 3: Link up with other candidates to arrange an assessment in line with option 2. One Assessment Director can assess up to 4 candidates in one day so this option may make it cheaper for each candidate. There are many ways to link up with other candidates:
- Speak to your club
- Social media - The SCA regional facebook groups are open to any members in the regions to utilise and find other people. Feel free to post on this group that you are looking for others in a similar situation to arrange an assessment together.
- Contact your Regional Officer.
Level 2 Assessment Directors
The following individuals are licenced by the SCA to carry out Level 2 assessments. Feel free to contact them directly if you would like to arrange an assessment.
Claire Knifton firstname.lastname@example.org
David Rossetter email@example.com
Doug Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org
Gillian Berrow email@example.com
Ian Vosser firstname.lastname@example.org
Mags Duncan email@example.com
Scott Simon firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Macdonald email@example.com
Steve Mackinnon firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Sibbald email@example.com