There are 4 dates for the Foundation Paddleability Courses - Introduction to Disability Awareness, that are free for SCA members to attend. The course is a 3 hour evening workshop and take place:
26th Sept – Aberfeldy
7th Oct – Greenock
20th Oct – Kelso
23rd Oct – Glasgow
The aim of the module is to modify attendees’ perceptions of people with disabilities; their attitude towards this sector of the population, and; to consider how they may adjust their coaching / approach to be more inclusive. The following learning outcomes are considered to fulfil this aim.
• Understand how disabled people may view themselves in society and those factors that may prevent them from fully participating in paddle sport.
• Establish basic communications skills with people with disabilities
• Apply existing coaching skills to meet the needs of participants with disabilities
• Select equipment and make minor modifications to it, so as to make paddle sport more inclusive
• Describe the Health and Safety issues when working with people with disabilities
• Use appropriate terminology
• List the range of disabilities that may be encountered
• Describe how the Equality Act (2010) affects paddle sport organisations
To book your space you can visit self-service, email email@example.com or call the office on 0131 317 7314.