The SCA is a membership organisation with a wide range of volunteers involved in one of around a dozen committees. Committees typically comprise up to 9 volunteers, each appointed for a 3 year term. This summer we are inviting volunteers to apply for the following positions 5 different committees:
- Slalom Committee - deadline 11th September, Annual Consultative Meeting on 20th October.
- Marathon Committee- deadline 26th September, Annual Consultative Meeting on 4th November.
- Sprint Committee - deadline 26th September, Annual Consultative Meeting on 4th November.
- Access & Environment Committee - deadline 2nd October.
- Recreation Committee - deadline 2nd October (both appointed from AGM on 18th November).
We are also inviting applications Regional Officer for Lothians, Highlands & Islands, Tayside, Fife, West. Deadline for applications is 2nd October. Regional Officers are a multi-purpose role to provide a key link between many SCA functions on a regional level.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in YOUR organisation, meet new people and make a difference to the future of paddlesport. Feel free to contact any of the current committee members to find out more and apply by the deadline. To apply for a position on a committee fill in the application form here.
The SCA Annual General Meeting will take place on Sunday 18th November (afternoon) at National Centre Inverclyde, Largs following the Well Run Clubs conference. Further details will be issued nearer the time.