Parking for Paddlers – Mr. Mike Smith's land - end of Linn Road, Burnmouth, Stanley
Please note new arrangements below, enacted April 1st 2018
This land is protected from entry by vehicles by a locked gate.
The combination code can be obtained from the SCA office on 0131 317 7314 or email@example.com which is open 08:30-15:30 Mon-Fri
SCA members and members of SCA Affiliated Clubs can access the code out of hours through the SCA Portal and then by clicking on the Documents tile. If you do not see title: "Stanley Gate Combination Code" in the initial view, please use the search term "Stanley"
If you already know the code, it has not changed.
Access to the land, by unlocking a padlock with a code, is now available every day until the end of 2018, under the following conditions. Breach of any of the conditions is likely to lead to loss of this important facility. The SCA pay £500 a year for this parking.
- Vehicle access is for SCA members only, plus those from British Canoeing, Canoe Wales and the Canoe Association of Northern Ireland.
- Members must not give access to other members of the public, under any circumstances. Anglers park in Mr. Smith's private car park next to his fishing hut, NOT on the paddlers' car park. As access is now 24 hours a day, can paddlers be careful of other vehicles ‘tailgating’ in behind them, especially on summer evenings, when others might want to camp on the land.
- Every effort must be made to keep the land clean and tidy, the fees paid cover litter clearance and grass cutting. There is no camping, or lighting of fires allowed. There are bins provided for litter on the land.
- Paddlers are requested not to use any part of the land as a toilet; there are facilities approaching Stanley from every direction, e.g. Broxden park-and-ride from the west and south; Dunkeld from the north; and Coupar Angus from the east.
- Please keep to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code by avoiding disturbing anglers on either bank or boats.
- If the SCA has any special events, e.g. races, arrangements can be made for opening of the gate for periods to allow access and egress, controlled by a ghillie.
SCA Environment and Access Policy Committee